Saturday, April 21, 2012

just a little about me

 Several of my friends asked me to start a blog about my adventures as a nanny for two beautiful boys. This blog will include activities, recipes, project ideas, pictures and stories from my time with them.
 To start out, Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am 31(almost 32), and have worked in various day cares over the past 10 years. I have enjoyed working with children since my mother first started taking me with her to volunteer at the daycare she worked for when I was 10. I lost both my parents when I was 16, in a car accident, but I always aspired to be like my mother. After high school, I attended Concordia University, in the Early Childhood Education Program. Unfortunately, due to financial issues, I ended up leaving after the fall semester of my senior year. This is when I began working at day cares. After several years, and four different day cares, I have finally found a job that I love.
 I currently have in my care, a 7 month old boy, and a three year old boy. The family I work with has been nothing but good to me, and have told me several times that I am part of their family! I can't even being to express how happy I am with this "job". I put that in quotes, because it really doesn't feel like work. I get to play all day with the boys, and plan my own activities. I get to cook healthy, fun, and child friendly meals. I get to go on field trips, and spend time outside. The best part of it all, is that I get to watch these boys learn, and grow. I consider it an honor and a privilege to be able to care for a child not my own.
 I think that is it for now. Hopefully many of you will enjoy reading this blog, and get some great ideas from it. Also, please if you have any ideas, don't hesitate to respond and comment! I love feedback! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment